OUR GREEN MISSION
Our mission is to provide beautiful fresh flower alternatives to facilitate an eco-conscious shift in the wedding industry. This drives everything we do from the items we source to the transportation we use.
THE COST OF FRESH
Most couples know fresh flowers are expensive but are unaware of the environmental costs:
- The majority of fresh flowers are flown internationally via energy intensive air freight.
- Growers typically use fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, and large amounts of water.
- Flowers often need refrigerated transport which further contributes to the high carbon footprint
- Most flowers are thrown away after the event and end up in landfills where they decay and emit methane, a gas more potent than CO2.
- Fresh flowers often have plastic packaging including cellophane, plastic watering tubes, and floral foam.
Manufacturing of any kind produces waste and carbon emissions; our manufacturers are no exception.
However, our focus on product quality is paramount in our strategic sourcing process. We source faux florals of the most durable materials to ensure a long product life. The longer we can reuse the flowers, the smaller the environmental impact.
Silk Stem Collective specializes in eye catching floral installments for weddings and events in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
Our business was born out of a desire to provide beautiful, show-stopping florals without the environmental impact of fresh flowers. We specialize in luxury faux flowers that look and feel just like fresh. Working with couples is our passion and we look forward to making your wedding vision a reality!